Stitches For Effect Needlepoint Book
- Regular price
- Sale price
Hurry, only 6 items left in stock!
Shipping is free (First Class) to U.S. destinations and flat rate internationally.
In stock products usually ship same or next day. You will be informed by email if there is a delay.
See full shipping policy.
Transform your needlepoint canvas using the stitch and thread suggestions detailed in this comprehensive reference book.
- Stitches For Effect is a 65-page book of 100 black-and-white stitch diagrams and a detailed explanation of where they can be used for the best effect.
- Includes a list of needlepoint decorative threads and how to use the various fibers.
- Several pages at the back of the book are dedicated to a stitch journal where you can keep project notes.
- The stitches are listed alphabetically with an index at the rear.
- For a condensed version of this book, with 300 stitches, check out the Stitches To Go book—a great option to take traveling or keep beside your stitching chair.
- Authors: Suzanne Howren and Beth Robertson
- The book is spiral-bound and opens flat which is useful when you want to reference the stitch diagram as you stitch.
- First published in 1996 this needlepoint reference book is one of the best resources for stitchers who want to advance their skills. It is best suited to needlepointers who already have a good grounding in the basics.
"We would like you to first think about how you want an area to look—do you want it shiny, matte or textured? Then, think about whether you want to emphasize the stitch or the thread or the color. These considerations help you choose the right thread and the right stitch to create the effect you want." An excerpt from the How To Use This Book section of Stitches For Effect by Suzanne Howren and Beth Robertson.